Monday, November 29, 2010

Miracles Are Everywhere

Have you ever experienced a miracle in your life…something you just couldn’t explain? Did you try to rationalize it away? Did you push it to the back of your mind as if it never happened? Yeah, me too. I wonder why we do that. Maybe we want to feel as though we control everything, and it’s a little too scary to admit there are forces much bigger than us in the universe.

I’ve written about several of my personal miracles on my blog ( if you want to read them, here are a few : http://hollyedexter.blogspot.com/2010/07/feathers.html,

http://hollyedexter.blogspot.com/2010/04/stepping-into-unknown.html)

I still forget about them, especially when I’m in crisis, as I have been for the better part of this year.

But lately I started praying again, and small miracles have already begun to happen. Miracles of the heart, of forgiveness, of kindness. Miracles of faith. I asked for help in believing again and suddenly there were articles in magazines, TV shows, emails, phone calls, books that showed up that made me feel the tingling all over, that “knowing” feeling that there was something bigger at work here. My Oprah magazine showed up today, and voila - it is all about miracles! There are some mind-blowing articles in there; Rocks that move on their own across the desert, a baby being stillborn only to come to life two hours later in his mother’s arms, a man who has healed thousands of people around the world with nothing but his mind and heart…

Miracles happen every day but we don’t talk about them. They aren’t reported on the news. People don’t discuss them at cocktail parties. Oh but we talk about Hollywood gossip and fashion and political mudslinging. Why don’t we talk about our miracles? What are we afraid of? Would people think we were crazy if we shared them?

Okay then. I’ll start it off. I’m crazy because I believe in miracles, and I’m going to start talking about it. A lot. I hope you’ll join me. In these troubling times, we need something positive to anchor ourselves to.

Will you share a miracle with me today?

5 comments:

  1. I think the miracle of life is an everyday miracle as well as joy. I think of meeting you as a miracle because you are inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a miracle: ken has knee problems, and just today - TODAY - when he was in so much pain, he said, "i wish i could get an appointment tomorrow..." (he has an appointment 2 weeks from now, you know how it is with doctors???!!!!!) and right then and there the phone rang, and it was the nurse from the doctor's office saying .. tada.. THE MEDICATION just came in and ... HELLO!!!!! did ken want an appointment tomorrow? love that.
    LOVE THAT.

    a miracle.
    and yes, yes! madge, meeting you and hollye and linda, and everyone ... a MIRACLE. A GIGANTIC HUGE MIRACLE.

    and why am i MAMA FERRIS - what is that google thing about?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wrote some cool stuff - but comment post kept rejecting me - fortunately I'm experienced and don't mind...let's see.......i'll profile back to anonymous for my miracle babies.......oooh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad to have found your blog. For one I grew up watching you on The wilderness family and just loved those movies but now I am all grown up with my own wilderness family lol and I came a crossed your blog and you are such an inspiration. I look forward to reading more from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness Irish Goddess, I am just now seeing this comment. So sorry- I obviously need a better system. Thank you for your kind words!

      Delete

I love hearing your point of view- thank you for taking the time to comment and be part of the conversation!
love,
Hollye