Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Spring Cleaning My Life

This is the current state of my closet. Some might call it a cry for help.

If the condition of my closet, or my purse, or my desk for that matter, has anything to do with my state of mind, then I clearly have some work to do.

Spring is the perfect time to re evaluate and reassess. It’s a time of new beginnings, a time of rebirth. It’s time for me to do some serious Spring cleaning, and I’m not only talking about my closet.

It’s time for me to clear the clutter, to let go of things that no longer serve me
To prioritize what matters
To take proper care of the things that I value
To honor my own space

It’s time for me to clear other people’s “stuff” out of my closet.

It’s time for me to see myself as the woman I am. Some of the things (clothes, ideas) that used to fit me, no longer do. I have to accept the size I am now.

It’s time to step into my own shoes, and let go of the ones I've worn out.

This closet is just a reflection of the clutter in my mind, and all the troubles I’ve been holding on to. I know an inner and outer Spring cleaning will do me good. I’ve often found that clearing out clutter in my home brings simultaneous change in my life, and creates a vacuum for new things to appear. Like when I take several boxes to Salvation Army and come home to find a random check in the mailbox, or a package from UPS containing something I really wanted.

Spring is on its way, daylight savings time begins on Sunday, and I am ready to embrace a new beginning. Today, I’m cleaning my closet. At least it’s a start…

What happens for you when you Spring clean, and let go of old stuff? I’d love to hear your stories…

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I've totally experienced that surprise of new on cleaning out my closet. I love that! I am also due for a purge. But every year lately, it gets easier and easier to do it. LIke a good purging-habit brings good karma. Or at least in the sense that I don't clutter up as much as I once did with thoughts of failure or dismay. Good luck!! xo B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks B! I expect only good things from it. The trick is...to not let it accumulate in the first place!
      Let me know how yours goes...
      love and xoxo

      Delete
  2. P.S. Here's a fun little game:
    Can anyone find the sock monkey in the photo?

    Why is there a sock monkey in my closet?

    I do not know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot tell you how happy it made me to see your closet. Mine was worse. I finally, FINALLY just got rid of all the crap I never wear from clothing to shoes. Now, when I walk in my closet I feel good, light, free. The only problem is that I need to do this in every room, every drawer, every closet. Which I plan to do. Soon. Really.

    XOXO
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Debbie, I'm so happy my mayhem helped anyone to feel better about themselves!

      Delete

I love hearing your point of view- thank you for taking the time to comment and be part of the conversation!
love,
Hollye