Thursday, May 29, 2014

Why Women Will Lead the Way on Gun Reform

Huge thanks to my friend Brooke Elise Axtell for inviting me to write this piece for The Feminist Wire. This details my personal experience with gun violence, how it led me to work in gun violence prevention, standing up against the bullies who want to silence us. 


"What woke me that summer morning in 1978 was the screaming. I didn’t know it was my mother’s voice. I’d never heard a sound like that come out of her. I ran into the living room to find my seven-year-old brother Christopher covered in blood. He had just been shot in the head by a neighborhood kid playing with his dad’s gun..."

Read the article here: http://thefeministwire.com/2014/05/women-will-lead-way-gun-reform/

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your work! Here in Georgia I am part of Georgia Gun Sense Coalition and I'm always looking for allies across the USA. Powerful article!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your point of view- thank you for taking the time to comment and be part of the conversation!
love,
Hollye